Saturday 2 September 2017

Camping Essentials for a First Timer

Having been camping this month for he first time as a family I now know what I would and wouldnt bring next time. That in mind I thought I would compile a list of camping essentials that I would 100% bring on our next camping trip.

  • Torches or Lantern. It is dark at night time!
  • Porta-Loo or a potty of sorts. Midnight runs to the communal loos, in the dark and cold are not fun!
  • Lots of Layers. It is freezing at night time, even in the summer!
  • Dry shampoo. Communal showers are not the nicest of places so a quick body wash and spritz of dry shampoo (or strip wash in the tent with a bowl and flannel) is a cleaner option i found.
  • Kettle! Early mornings are cold and is nice to have a cup of tea in he comfort of your tent is well worth it. Hot chocolates with marshmallows of an evening is so cozy too!
  • Picnic Blanket. I bought the type with plastic backing from primark. This doubled up as carpet for the front part of our tent which made it slightly cosier.
  • Black bags! When rain was forecast I bagged any electrical stuff up just incase. You also dont realise how much rubbish you accumulate until you don't have a bin!
  • Windbreaker or something to contain younger children and toddlers during times when you need them to be contained. 
  • Lots of patience and positivity. Camping is not for the feint hearted. I found it quite tough a first but soon relaxed and got in to the spirit. There are wonderful family memories to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment